Subject: Re: ap2-php4 creates a buggy
To: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Ewald_B=F6rger?= <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/2003 08:40:24
Strange, it works Just Fine for me.

I built and installed Apache2 from scratch (including apr, which
I didn't have before), then installed ap2-php4, configured server
to load it and PHP works normally - at least to the extent
to display proper page on phpinfo().

Perhaps try to recompile your apr and apache2?

Ewald B=F6rger wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been busy all day just trying to upgrade my Apache 1.3.x/PHP4.1.x to=
> Apache 2.x/PHP4.3.3
> First I've tried the binary packages as my current install is binary too.
> This worked, but I was shocked to find all mysql support is disabled by=
> default and there's no way to turn it on?!?
> besides I needed the pcre-regex functionality too.
> So, I delved into the pkgsrc tree, fully updated it and edited the=20
> www/php4/Makefile.php to make it include mysql and pcre-regex and enable =
> After all had compiled (that's about an hour or so on my machine :(),=20
> apache couldn't start:
> Syntax error on line 234 of /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
>   Cannot load /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/ into server:=20
> /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/ Undefined PLT symbol "link" (reloc type =
> 7, symnum =3D 1672)
> also got this error after another compile with symbol 'tempnam' IIRC.
> Compiling already gives the warning
> Build complete.
> (It is safe to ignore warnings about tempnam and tmpnam).
> Which is quite useless as apachectl doesn't read it :) (I can ignore it,=
> but apachectl can't and just refuses to start apache).
> So, for the moment I'm back at the setup I get when I install the binary=
> ap2-php-4.2.3 (thus with apache2-2.0.44 and php4.2.3). But without the=20
> mysql support that I really need!
> Is there no other way than completely recompile everything? The windows=
> version just comes with mysql support compiled in?
> Trying to be clever I even recompiled the 4.3.3 pkgsrc for PHP with all=
> options enabled, but Apache doesn't see it (probably because=20
> /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/ isn't updated?)
> Anyway: HELP!
> I just wasted a lot of time I could have spent better :( I even got to th=
> point of actually thinking about putting an extra win2k box next to my=20
> NetBSD machine :((
> System: NetBSD/i386 1.6.1 on PentiumII-233.
> Ewald B_rger,
> Enschede, The Netherlands

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=3D- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the tantric    -=
-=3D- Buddhist masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you -=
-=3D- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''     -=