Subject: Re: how does CONF_FILES work for stunnel
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.UnixBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/11/2003 10:33:02
El 2003.09.11 10:22, Jeremy C. Reed escribió:
> Maybe I should look at this when I am not tired ... but I don't understand
> how the security/stunnel gets the stunnel.conf-sample placed into the
> /usr/pkg/etc/ directory.
>
> It uses:
> USE_PKGINSTALL=         yes
> PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR=      stunnel
>
> But I don't see where it lists the file(s) to copy.
>
> I am assuming this is because the admin should edit the example and put in
> place themselves. (Maybe a MESSAGE?)
>
> The +DEINSTALL has blank CONF_FILES (and SUPPORT_FILES). So I don't
> see why it uses USE_PKGINSTALL.
>
> Is this correct? And explanation?

True, PKG_INSTALL there is not very useful, it should provide a sample config
file into their PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR (IMHO), but if it uses only one file,
there's no need to add PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR, right ? I'm not sure how works
stunnel, perhaps it uses the configuration directory to put more files (who
knows?, heh).

--
Juan RP
<juan AT xtraeme DOT UnixBSD DOT org>