Subject: Evironment variables
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Yosep <yoskim@NMSU.Edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/10/2003 02:19:21
Hi.

I am making a package that has a pre-compiled executable in it.  It was
compiled on Linux, so it uses libraries that my NetBSD machine doenn't
offer naturally, but perhaps with linux emulator package.  The executable
needs libc.so.6 library from the emulator lib, and I was wondering how I
could set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ${PREFIX}/emul/linux/lib from the main
Makefile.  I tried ${SETENV} LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${PREFIX}/emul/linux/lib, but
it didnt work.  MAKE_ENV= LD_LIBRARY_PATH.... didnt work either.

To simplify my babbling, what I want is, after running make configure, get
"/usr/pkg/emul/linux/lib" upon executing "echo $LIB_LIBRARY_PATH" on my
current shell.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
  Yosep