Subject: Re: Where did devel/php4-pcre go?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2003 18:54:22
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> wrote:

> If it will not be brought back, however, www/php4/Makefile.php needs a
> comment fix to remove reference to "pcre":
>=20
> # mysql, pgsql, pcre) may be dynamically loaded, and are separately packa=
ged
>=20
> and the MESSAGE should note that pcre is now builtin rather than an
> extension (since anyone doing extensions=3Dpcre.so in php.ini will now br=
eak).

Agreed. Furthermore, you can count -xml, and -session : after cvs update
in pkgsrc :

> $ pkg_chk -i|sort
> WARNING: No devel/php4-pcre/Makefile - package moved or obsolete?
> WARNING: No devel/php4-session/Makefile - package moved or obsolete?
> WARNING: No textproc/php4-xml/Makefile - package moved or obsolete?
> ap-php-4.3.3: version mismatch - ap-php-4.2.3nb1

And, while fixing this, it happens that php4-imap, hence impa-uw, hence
squirrelmail -at least- all are impacted by this modif.

--=20
But, over weekend at Camp David, I delved into the collected writings
of Erwin Schr=F6dinger, and now have no recourse but to conclude that
Saddam both has and does not have weapons of mass destruction.
<http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/stories/schrdingers_iraq.shtml>