Subject: ISO/disk images
To: None <>
From: James Whitwell <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/03/2003 22:51:03

I'm trying to find a good way to package up something that's only
available as a binary.  Specifically, I want to be able to have
available as a package the basic libraries and necessary config files
for Darwin.  Unfortunately, binaries are only available as
MacOSX-format disk images (at least as far as I can see, someone please
shout out if I'm wrong).

I'm only looking at the PPC disk images only at the moment.  Has anyone
had any experience doing this kind of packaging they could share?  I
see a few packages around that're binary-only, but the binaries all
come as tar.gz files, no ISO-images or the like that I could see.

;) jimmy.