Subject: ISO/disk images
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: James Whitwell <abacau@yahoo.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/03/2003 22:51:03
Hi,

I'm trying to find a good way to package up something that's only
available as a binary.  Specifically, I want to be able to have
available as a package the basic libraries and necessary config files
for Darwin.  Unfortunately, binaries are only available as
MacOSX-format disk images (at least as far as I can see, someone please
shout out if I'm wrong).

    http://www.opendarwin.org/downloads/6.6.2/release.html

I'm only looking at the PPC disk images only at the moment.  Has anyone
had any experience doing this kind of packaging they could share?  I
see a few packages around that're binary-only, but the binaries all
come as tar.gz files, no ISO-images or the like that I could see.

Thanks,
;) jimmy.