Subject: MAKE_PROGRAM and [Was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/openssl]
To: None <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/25/2003 23:23:33

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 04:36:17PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> I see.  The problem (AFAICT after a brief look at is that
> MAKE_PROGRAM and MAKE do not contain the full path, but just the name
> of the exectuable.  We'd have to either provide a full path for MAKE,
> or otherwise treat it in a special way to make this work.

it's not really that difficult.  if USE_GMAKE is set, MAKE_PROGRAM does
contain the full path for MAKE.  if it's not set, we are using bmake and

 MAKE_PROGRAM=3D`${TYPE} ${MAKE} | ${AWK} '{print $$NF}'`

would do the trick (thank jlam for the hint).

> But it does seem to me that we actually do want to make sure that the
> invoked 'make' is always in fact what we think it is, and this
> approach is probably a way to achieve this.

johnny went even further and suggested moving USE_GMAKE to as
USE_GNU_TOOLS+=3Dmake.  i think that's the way to go.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>                   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (NetBSD)