Subject: Re: Package Views Integration (finally!)
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2003 11:16:05
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> But I _really_ do not want any kind of links or any kind of "depot"
> structure at all.

For syspkgs, I really do not want any kind of link farm at all.

For pkgsrc packages, I want to choose whether or not to have a link
farm.  I can imagine wanting to make different decisions for different
packages.

It looks as though my wishes are granted.  As far as I can tell, if a
binary package does not contain a +VIEWS or +DEPOT file then pkg_add
will install it the old way, and if pkg_create is invoked without a "-E"
option then it will create binary packages the old way.

--apb (Alan Barrett)