Subject: Re: lightweight groff package?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2003 19:55:27
On 08/22 01:05, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> What's wrong with a "config.options" file in the corresponding package
> directory containing optional dependencies that are by default disabled?
>
> All a user has to do is to toggle the desired options and Bob is your uncle,
> whilst binary packages are build only with the required dependencies!

Packages that have knobs need to list them in BUILD_DEFS. If they do,
you can do

lothar:/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer$ make build-defs-message
work -> /usr/obj/pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/work
The following variables will affect the build process of this package,
mplayer-0.91.  Their current value is shown below:

        * MPLAYER_DISABLE_DRIVERS = esd arts nas sdl
        * MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPU_DETECTION = NO

You may want to abort the process now with CTRL+C and change their value
before continuing.  Be sure to run `make clean' after the changes.

and that is performed by default. I think the current situation is fine.