Subject: Re: XFree86 meta package imported in pkgsrc-wip
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2003 23:10:12

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:48:27 -0400 (EDT)
Todd Vierling <> wrote:

> Right, but this bypasses the sanity check, so it's probably not useful to
> integrate into the public
> It might be cleaner to make USE_X11 depend on the XFree86 packages (for
> platforms where this is necessary, perhaps by mk.conf variable), and have
> the standalone XFree86 packages depend on such a placebo-directory package.

The problem only comes installing the XFree86 meta package, when
it's installed, x11-links hands it automatically. You have to rebuild
the x11-links package to add the headers/lib to its buildlink.

I was trying to do your way some time ago, but Soren Jacobsen didn't like
it. I had a package called XFree86-dirs with the same functionality.

But really I prefer this method too.

Comments ?

Juan RP		<>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (NetBSD)