Subject: Re: XFree86 meta package imported in pkgsrc-wip
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2003 12:53:16
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Juan RP wrote:

> The problem comes on x11-links, it needs X11BASE previously
> installed, we can modify bsd.pkg.mk or bsd.buildlink2.mk and
> disable the check of x11-links if we are installing the XFree86
> packages, but I'm not a master with buildlink, perhaps another
> person more experienced can look at it ?.

By the way, my first problem (as documented in the wip/XFree86/README)
was:

.  if defined(USE_X11) && !exists(${X11BASE})
PKG_FAIL_REASON+= "${PKGNAME} uses X11, but ${X11BASE} not found"
.  endif

So I just made it echo the message and continue along, since the XFree86
packages will create X11BASE.

Then to make it install I skipped the x11-links with:

USE_X11BASE?=   YES
USE_X11_LINKS=  NO # not needed because these packages provide their own
XFREE_BUILDLINK2_MK=    NO

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/