Subject: Re: Package Views Integration (finally!)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2003 11:33:19
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Actually, buildlink2 is the main cause of the recursive dependancy
> registration problem, because all included buildlink2.mk files are
> treated as direct dependancies.

Um, that's not true.
You can DEPEND+=kde and still have a lot of depending pkgs, w/o buildlink
involved at all.

IMHO having dependencies registered as we have it right now is a benefit
as you see with one "pkg_delete foo" what still needs foo. You'll have to
descend down otherwise... either manually, which would suck, or
automatically, which you have to code first, and which has the same effect
as not doing this at all.

Not sure what problem you're talking about. (Other than a pure
pkgsrc-one).

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/