Subject: Re: Package Views Integration (finally!)
To: Johnny Lam <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2003 03:14:51
[ On Wednesday, August 20, 2003 at 23:00:16 (-0700), Johnny Lam wrote: ]
> Subject: Package Views Integration (finally!)

How are those of us who would very much rather avoid having to deal with
a billion symlinks on our systems supposed to avoid this mess being
foisted upon us?

(FYI I personally feel the GNU method of versioning pacakges is almost
infinitely superior to the "depot" scheme, even though it is more
invasive into some of the workings of a package.)

						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>          Secrets of the Weird <>