Subject: Re: pkg/21929: Hydrogen drum machine package
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/20/2003 23:39:05
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Chris Wareham wrote:

> A while ago I submitted a PR for a new audio package. From reading the
> packaging guidelines that seemed to be the correct course of action, but
> I have not received any feedback.

I was planning to import Hydrogen a couple of days ago.  The package
looks great, but I wanted to test in on some more archs/NetBSD versions
before committing.  I was however bitten by some unrelated breakage (that
I have fixed now), so I'll test/commit it soon.

>                                   For future reference, is the preferred
> method of submitting a new package to notify this mailing list and then
> file the PR, or should I submit it to pkgsrc-wip?

I'm not sure if we have reached any consenus.  I do personally prefer PRs,
but I think most developers prefer pkgsrc-wip...

   /Krister