Subject: Re: mk/bulk/post-build portability
To: Alistair Crooks <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/2003 10:46:19
* On 2003-08-19 at 10:40 BST, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> 	if ! ${GREP} ...
> constructs that had been retained - when I ported pkgsrc to
> Solaris originally, I went through and got rid of all
> of those constructs - I think we should probably do the same here.

Indeed - I did already do this in an earlier version, due to the
fact that bmake as of a month ago couldn't handle them on Solaris
due to /bin/sh breakage, but after that was fixed to use /bin/ksh I
left the originals to keep the diff readable.

I don't have an older diff handy, but it's trivial to fix.  There
are lots of other cleanups possible, but they may be better served
with smaller piecemeal diffs.

Jonathan Perkin                         <>
BBC Internet Services