Subject: mozilla using gtk2 (and epiphany)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/15/2003 13:22:33
(This message also blind carbon copied to mozilla package maintainer.)

For past couple days, I have been working on packaging Epiphany (the GNOME
web browser, orginally based on galeon).

It uses mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc. It needs Mozilla built with
--enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
and using gtk2 and libIDL (instead of gtk and ORBit).

So I made a new mozilla-gtk2 package (using same patches/) and I made some
small changes to mozilla/Makefile.common and mozilla/files/moz-install (so
it would install PKGCONFIG files).

But I can't get it to run :(

After about 10 seconds it exits back to the shell. (No gui interface ever
appears.) I did a few ktraces but haven't seen why it is failing.

Has anyone built mozilla with --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2?

I will import my new mozilla and mozilla-gtk2 to pkgsrc-wip.
What should I name my new mozilla so it doesn't conflict?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/