Subject: Re: java category
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/11/2003 10:53:39

Jan Schaumann <> wrote:

> How about we create a 'java' category?  That way, we could have
> even more JDKs/JREs without getting too confusing.  For example,
> Sun JDK 1.4.2, which is available in pkgsrc-wip, requires -current, so
> replacing 1.4.1 would probably not be a good idea.  But we could install
> it alongside into ${PREFIX}/java/sun-1.4.2

Regardles of whether or not we create a 'java' category (and maybe a
pseudo-category as mentioned by Grant further down in the thread would
be the best), I intend to modify the existing sun-j*14 to install into
${PREFIX}/java/sun-1.4.1 (and rename it to sun-*141) and import Sun's
JDK 1.4.2 as a new package sun-j*142 to install into

Any problems with that?

Of course it runs NetBSD!

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)