Subject: java category
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/2003 18:39:44
--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

Hi all,

How about we create a 'java' category?  That way, we could have
even more JDKs/JREs without getting too confusing.  For example,
Sun JDK 1.4.2, which is available in pkgsrc-wip, requires -current, so
replacing 1.4.1 would probably not be a good idea.  But we could install
it alongside into ${PREFIX}/java/sun-1.4.2

Cleaning up the different JDKs/JREs and shuffle some packages around
that would fit into a new 'java' category might clean up things a bit.

-Jan

--=20
My other computer also runs NetBSD!
			http://www.netbsd.org