Subject: Re: libiconv not working
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Stoned Elipot <seb@starfleet.univ-paris7.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2003 10:41:07
On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 03:55:51AM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> I'm having trouble trying to build a number of different packages that
> depend on libiconv.  Here's one example:
[SNIP]
> I've seen pkg/22262, but the proposed fix seems to be package-specific.
> I'm seeing this in a number of different places.  I'm running -current
> of 4 August with a newly-cvs'd pkgsrc.

Aren't you using packages compiled a little while back when
/usr/include/iconv.h did not exist? If so you may have a package saying
that it need -liconv (as recoded in a says gtk-config like script) but now
your system does have /usr/include/iconv.h (but not libiconv.*) so
converters/libiconv/buildlink2.mk only links /usr/include/iconv.h in the
buildlink area, it does not link the libiconv packages includes
and libs, hence the linking is failing.

Try identifying the package concerned and rebuild it.

Cheers, Stoned.