Subject: Re: JAVA
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/06/2003 11:12:29

Chris Wareham <> wrote:
> I've been using the Linux emulated jdk 1.4.1 from pkgsrc. I haven't done
> any real tests, but perceived performance is no different on NetBSD than
> on a similar machine running Linux.

Unfortunately, that's not what I've experienced.  The 1.4.1 JDK seems a
lot less stable to me than the 1.3 version (both under Linux emulation
on a 1.6.1 system).

I've made better experiences with 1.4.2 under -current (or at least a
-current kernel) -- this does actually seem to be working well.

Maybe some kind soul can send Christos a case of Kettle One to incite
him to work even harder on a native 1.4.2 JDK. ;-)

Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)