Subject: Re: XFree86 meta package imported in pkgsrc-wip
To: Julien T. Letessier <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2003 16:53:27

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:32:50 +0200 (CEST)
"Julien T. Letessier" <> wrote:

> Hi Juan,
> I don't know if you've examined the xfree-4.2.1 package I've submitted to
> tech-pkg some time ago, which never was commited to pkgsrc.
> Looks like we've done some duplicate efforts ;)

Hmm sorry, I didn't know nothing about XFree86 on pkgsrc ...

> Anyways, here's a few questions:
> - can your XFree package(s) be installed under ${LOCALBASE}, or in
>   ${LOCALBASE}/X11 for instance ?

Yes, you can install it into LOCALBASE.

> - can you explain inshort why it won't work with x11-links ?

The problem comes on x11-links, it needs X11BASE previously
installed, we can modify or and
disable the check of x11-links if we are installing the XFree86
packages, but I'm not a master with buildlink, perhaps another
person more experienced can look at it ?.

Juan RP		<>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (NetBSD)