Subject: Re: Consistent "Optional Dependecy" handling
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Nate Hill <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2003 18:32:55
On Thu July 31 2003 18:03, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> And in another message on Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Nate Hill wrote:
> > Being able to set USE_GTK = NO in mk.conf would be extremely
> > useful...
> Need to find a developer who has the time to do this. Hopefully,
> you can provide some patches.

Okay, I see that there is already a USE_OSS flag (which is undefined
default) and it is checked in kdemultimedia3:

.if defined(USE_OSS)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-audio=oss

My question is wether I can implement this by just adding a USE_GTK
flag in Is there some kludge that needs changing

If I can add the USE_GTK option that simply then, I can muck with the
Makefiles myself and should have a gtk-free set of packages quite

Nate Hill <>