Subject: Buildlinking fails on Darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Tonnhofer <olt@bogosoft.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2003 17:25:35
Hi,

it's not possible to compile devel/glib ond Darwin (see
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=20516).

===> Buildlinking for glib-1.2.10nb5
libtool: link: the `-version-info' option requires an argument
Try `libtool --help --mode=link' for more information.
libtool: install: `.la' is not a valid libtool archive
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
sed: /Volumes/NetBSD/pkgsrc/devel/glib/work/.buildlink/.tmp/inst/.la:
No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

I traced this bug to the fake-la script of buildlink. In this script
there is a 'case $libname in' statement for *.so, *.so.[0-9]* and
*[0-9].dylib. But on darwin there are some dylib's without a version
number.

glib depends on libpthread

/usr/lib/libpthread.dylib -> libSystem.dylib
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib -> libSystem.B.dylib
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I guess it's possible to change the *.so part to work with unnumbered
dylib's.

I hope you can close this bug with this information.

~
Oliver