Subject: mit-kerberos and samba3
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/29/2003 10:41:57
I am working on a package for net/samba3 (currently in beta and near
release candidate stage).

It needs MIT kerberos for Active Directory support. The docs say "The
Heimdal libraries will not work." I am packaging MIT kerberos (krb5-1.3).
(I need it on my Linux boxes.)

Should I call it "mit-krb5"? Or is "mit-kerberos" fine?

The official download is via a web-based form to agree to some things
first. I will have options to retrieve manually first. Some sites do have
MIT kerberos source downloads, but I haven't found recent release
(krb5-1.3) yet.

My security/mit-kerberos is not finished yet, but I did use to build and
install it (via pkgsrc) under Linux.

Is it okay if r*, ftp* and telnet* commands are prefixed with "k", like
/usr/pkg/bin/krlogin?

I will import both to pkgsrc-wip for testing soon.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. I am teaching a Intro to Samba seminar tonight in Everett,
Washington, USA.