Subject: Re: fetchyahoo substitute
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/29/2003 11:13:02
Dave [Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:11:46AM -0700]:

> Well, it seems that whoever maintained fetchyahoo is taking cursory pains
> to remove it from the Internet.  Its Freshmeat entry is now gone.
> Fortunately, I've found substitute called "yosucker", which I plan to
> switch to and submit a package for.  Does anyone here have any experience
> with this particular util?

Dear Dave,

if Yahoo.com supports POP3 to fetch the mail, please just use fetchmail
together with procmail to cut-out the ads[1]. Asking general questions about
particular utilities belongs to netbsd-questions@, I belive.

Regards,
--
Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
Men Who Use Computers Are The New Sex Symbols Of The `90s

[1] If you would like a simple recipe how to start with procmail, just read
    http://pasternak.w.lub.pl/tips.html - it is in Polish, but it includes
    self-explanatory example files. Cutting-out the ads is described in
    paragraph 12.1 and the quickstart ~/.procmailrc is described in
    paragraph 12.2.