Subject: Re: Mozilla and Java
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2003 22:39:32
On 07/23 18:28, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I'd like to try patching ssh-add so it can have a feature like pgp's
> PGPPASSFD.
>
>  SSHPASSFD=3 ssh-add 3</my/passphrase/file
>
> Or:
>
>  SSHPASSFD=0; export PGPPASSFD
>  echo "my-pass-phrase" | ssh-add
>
> (And if SSHPASSFD is not set, then behave normally.)

In my previous message I forgot to mention that ssh-add will take the
password from a program specified by $SSH_ASKPASS. All this program has
to do is spit out the password. See xsrc/local/programs/x11-ssh-askpass
(installed as ssh-askpass) for an example of such a program. If you
wanted, you could just echo the password from a shell script.