Subject: Re: Mozilla and Java
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2003 17:51:48
On 07/23 17:14, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> (I also need to figure out how to do my wip updates without having to
> enter my sourceforge password manually each time... a few minutes later
> ... I see that Sourceforge allows storing of public keys and has a "Edit
> CVS/SSH Shared Keys" webpage.)

Of course, you'll still need to enter a password (for your _key_, not
account) if you go with key-based authentication. So then you have to
use ssh-agent and ssh-add to get around entering a password.  However,
that still won't help you much if you want to update wip in a nightly
cron job or something similar. I've got some rather nasty shell tricks
to get around this, and 'attach' to a running ssh-agent (which I always
have running -- I hate typing passwords, and I'm not worried about
physical safety in my basement) so that I only type my key's password
once.

I suppose the other option would be to use a passwordless key and avoid
all the ssh-agent stuff.

Or, now that I think about it, it might not be so difficult to just
checkout via pserver and then make a wipcvs (or whatever) alias that
would call cvs -d:ext:blah@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/pkgsrc-wip and you could
use that for comitting.