Subject: XFree86 meta package imported in pkgsrc-wip
To: None <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2003 23:16:52

Hi, I've imported the XFree86 meta package to pkgsrc-wip,
please feel to review.
This package has been tested on FreeBSD/NetBSD -current
x86 and works without any problem, at this moment build on
NetBSD 1.6.x doesn't works.

Before to try to install, you will need to do a few things, as
for example these steps:

$ mkdir -p /usr/X11R6/bin
$ mkdir /usr/X11R6/lib
$ chmod 770 -R /usr/X11R6/ ( if you are on the group wheel )

We need to fix the x11-links package, because actually it doesn't
works with this package.

If you want to compile any program that needs the X headers/libs
you will need to add the buildlink of XFree86-libs.

Any comment will be apprecciated.

The XFree86 meta package has been contributed by

Soren Jacobsen and myself.
Juan RP		<>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (NetBSD)