Subject: FreeBSD misses malloc.h
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2003 13:33:57
Hi all,

I see several PRs that attempt to fix the build of packages in FreeBSD.
This system does not include a malloc.h header, so programs need to include
stdlib.h.  In NetBSD we have a compatibility malloc.h header that simply
includes stdlib.h.

I wonder if we could generate such header on the fly inside the buildlink
directory when the OS is FreeBSD so that packages can be compiled without
extra patching (which may be very large, some times).  If this seems ok,
where could it be done?  On a package basis?  (doing it automatically for
*all* packages seems wrong to me as their configure script, if any, could
be doing the right thing already).

Thanks.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>