Subject: Re: confused...
To: Stoned Elipot <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/22/2003 23:39:22
* On 2003-07-22 at 17:40 BST, Stoned Elipot wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:34:29AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > Looks as though there's something going on inside,
> > which hasn't shown up before because pkg_install-info is the
> > only package which uses it.
> Not quite true, at least in pkgtools category there's also the
> shlock pkg.
Ah, fair enough, my quick scan missed that one.

> Anyway the thing is sets MAKECONF=/dev/null in MAKE_ENV
> (see around line 26 and the comments associated).  So
> your override of BINOWN, etc... in MAKECONF are not picked up by
> the make processing pkg_install-info/files/Makefile.

Hrm, I guess this is just one of those things I'll ned to live with
then as a non-root user, although being forced to install 555 will
mean anyone using SunOS will get errors due to solaris strip(1) not
being able to open it.

Jonathan Perkin                             <>
BBC Internet Services