Subject: Re: confused...
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/22/2003 10:34:29
* On 2003-07-18 at 16:41 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> -% bmake -V BINOWN -V BINGRP -V BINMODE
> jonp
> inet
> 755
[...]
> /usr/ucb/install -c -s -o root -g root -m 555 [...]

Looks as though there's something going on inside bsd.prog.mk, which
hasn't shown up before because pkg_install-info is the only package
which uses it.

Now, share/mk hasn't been synced with -current since it was imported
from the 2001/11/04 version.  There are a few options I see:

 1) The current version of bsd.prog.mk is looked at, and the bug found
    and fixed.

 2) share/mk is synced with -current, then the bug looked through again
    and fixed.

 3) pkg_install-info's Makefile rewritten to not use bsd.prog.mk

Opinions?  I'd like to fix, but don't want to waste my time e.g.
syncing with -current if we don't actually want to use the
functionality moving forward.  This may conflict with the move away
from bootstrap-pkgsrc etc.

Regards,

--
Jonathan Perkin                             <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>