Subject: Re: gcc3's cpp not defining __GNUC__
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/2003 16:05:13
> with porting is frowned on. I'm also fairly certain that gcc's
> behaviour in this regard isn't an accident, so software that only

I'd not be surprised if linux et.al. defaulted to -gcc for
gcc 3.3 cpp actually. Anyone can check?

It seems to me it's serious backward compatibility issue
to remove the define in default install. But sertainly there
must be SOME reason why gcc maintainers did the change (which
looks totally inappropriate to me).

Jaromir