Subject: Re: First pkgsrc pkg, "netbsdelf" not supported - help!
To: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2003 10:36:07
On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 07:56:18AM +0200, poff wrote:
> I tried to compile a wmdockapp called "wmclockmon" and it failed at the
> configure stage:
>
> "Sorry but netbsdelf not supported yet."

The author has special cases in the configure script for all
OS's he wants to support, and while there are freebsd* and openbsd*
cases, there is no netbsd* case -- you'll have to find out which variables
should be set in that case, add them to configure.ac and run autoconf
(and perhaps friends) to regenerate configure (and Makefile.in's).

> The author pointed me out to the ELF Faq which had the words -current in
> which, as a winmodem dialup user, just make me shudder all over (while I
> still had adsl I downloaded all the current source, about a month ago, but
> I'd like to keep the 1.6.1 system just for a bit).

1.6 is already ELF.

> http://poff.sixbit.org/tmp/pkgsrc/wmclockmon/Makefile

The master site is wrong.

 Thomas