Subject: confused...
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/18/2003 16:39:20
There must be something fundamentally idiotic I'm doing, but it's
Friday and I can't work out for the life of me why this is broken:

-% bmake -V INSTALL_PROGRAM
${INSTALL} ${COPY} ${_STRIPFLAG_INSTALL} -o ${BINOWN} -g ${BINGRP} -m ${BINMODE}

-% bmake -V BINOWN -V BINGRP -V BINMODE
jonp
inet
755

--<jonp@build0>-</home/jonp/src/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install-info>--
-% bmake install
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in pkg_install-info-4.5nb2
===> Installing for pkg_install-info-4.5nb2
===> Becoming root@build0 to install pkg_install-info-4.5nb2.
/bin/sh /usr/ucb/install   -c -s   -o root -g root -m 555 pkg_install-info /home/jonp/pkg/bin/pkg_install-info

Tracing through, the Makefile picks up bsd.prog.mk, which is
definitely including the right bsd.own.mk, which is definitely
including my $MAKECONF, which definitely works as per above -V's.
PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2 confirms it's all being set correctly, with not a
root:root/555 in sight, it just seems to refuse to use them later on
(bsd.prog.mk line 166).

Latest bootstrap-pkgsrc, SunOS (hence the required bodges above),
etc.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Perkin                             <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>