Subject: Re: conditional PLIST?
To: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/14/2003 13:08:01
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Rasputin wrote:
> If rubyunit isn't installed, it'll create a compatibility library for it
> and install thhat, otherwise it leaves well alone.
>
> I've fixedthis by adding rubyunit to DEPENDS, but that seems like
> a bit of laziness. Is it possible to dynamically creata PLIST?
> Couldn't find an explanation in Packages.txt, are there packages that
> do this I can crib from?

You can either create $PLIST from $PLIST_SRC on your own, or just tell
the system to add a few more lines (from a second file) if you find
rubyunit installed at build time, see pkgsrc/audio/nas and others for an
example.

Problem with that approach is that it won't work properly with binary
pkgs. I suggest you add a dependency on rubyunit, unless it adds too much
bloat. In that case, disable support for rubyunit unconditionally.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/