Subject: conditional PLIST?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/14/2003 10:27:25
Hi ,

I'm writing a package for ruby's Test::Unit, which is kind of
the successor to  RunyUnit (already in pkgsrc).

If rubyunit isn't installed, it'll create a compatibility library for it
and install thhat, otherwise it leaves well alone.

I've fixedthis by adding rubyunit to DEPENDS, but that seems like
a bit of laziness. Is it possible to dynamically creata PLIST?
Couldn't find an explanation in Packages.txt, are there packages that
do this I can crib from?

I suppose I'd also need to add a 'conflicts' clause dynamically to avoid
files I've installed being clobbered by adding rubyunit later...?

Thanks.

PS:  I send-pr'ed mod_ruby for Apache2 (pr/21921)last month back, and didn't
hear anything yet. Is it best to use wip-pkgsrc for new packages these
days?

--
User n.:
	A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.