Subject: Re: gcc3 package(s)
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/13/2003 01:51:15
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, grant beattie wrote:

: I would prefer that the full gcc3 package stay, with perhaps all
: languages re-enabled as is the default. we can create an additional
: metapkg created to pull in the gcc3-* packages.

If there's a meta-package, there's no point in having the non-split package
at all -- it would actually be a bit *more* confusing to have both.  (Hence
why I originally said, before this splitting work started, that lang/gcc3
should then automatically become a metapackage of all the split ones.)

: I'm yet to figure out what to do about the fun that will be
: buildlink2.mk files for gcc3-* .. hopefully someone else has thought
: about this :-)

I already mentioned it before the splitting work started, and this is the
other still-unfinished bit of work.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>