Subject: Re: libIDL broken?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/11/2003 09:05:34
hi,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 12:31:21PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> hi,

[snip]
> > while doing bmake in meta-pkg/gnome2.  note that this is while
> > compiling libIDL (one of the dependancies.)  It looks to me like -lIDL
> > is missing.  I didn't see it listed as a bug here:
>
> see "./.libs/libIDL-2.so" above.  the error itself says that the symbols
> are first referenced _in_ libIDL-2.so.

Oh duh, I'm dumb.

> > http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/pkg.html, so I thought I might be
> > missing something obvious.  I unloopback mounted the current pkgsrc
> > tree I'm using and checked one out with CVS (which reminds me, I
> > didn't see a good explanation of how to do that in the pkgsrc docs,
> > but I found one in the list archives), and the same problem with
> > libIDL continued.
> >
> > So am I doing something totally wrong here or is this really a bug I
> > should file?
>
> i just tried to build it on Solaris 9 and had no problems.  i am using
> the native compiler, though.

Native compiler = Sun's compiler?  Or pkgsrc's gcc?  Because I'm using the gcc from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/grant/pkgsrc/SunOS/5.9/sparc/ , added with pkg_add.

I'm currently recompiling gcc from the cvs checkout, but I'm not so sure that's going to solve it.  My path is this:

PATH=/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin

--
adam