Subject: Re: upgrading libtool
To: Chris Jones <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2003 10:19:31
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Chris Jones wrote:

> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > But I installed gnucash from pkgsrc for my wife ten days ago. It seems to
> > work fine (other than we are trying to learn how to use it).
> Really?  You don't see the symptoms listed in the pr?  Specifically, can
> you open an account and bring up the reconcile window successfully?

The PR mentioned that buttons and menu items don't work when register
window opens.

I just noticed I couldn't enter a value (starting amount) in the wizard
for a new account. (Ignore that: later this worked when I chose
"bank account"). Buttons work fine.

I am getting errors like:

** WARNING **: could not find signal handler

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_handler_block_by_data(): could not find handler
containing data (0x8669D00)

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_handler_unblock_by_data(): could not find
blocked handler containing data (0x8669D00)

After I added a few items to the Register. I am able to use the
"Reconsile" feature. I am able to click buttons and different funds and it
appears to work.

Hmmm.. I just click "New" and it crashed:

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (6568)

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GtkObject'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1070 (gtk_object_get_data_by_id):
assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (6569)

I Gnome pop-up says:
Application "Image" (process 7108) has crashed dur to fatal error.
(Segmentation fault)

So I started it again.

After a few minutes I received another Gnome application crash.

I don't know why. The only thing different is that I never used this
install on my workstation before. We had always ran it on this
workstation but used it over the network via VNC on another workstation.

   Jeremy C. Reed