Subject: Re: upgrading libtool
To: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2003 10:19:31
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Chris Jones wrote:

> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > But I installed gnucash from pkgsrc for my wife ten days ago. It seems to
> > work fine (other than we are trying to learn how to use it).
>
> Really?  You don't see the symptoms listed in the pr?  Specifically, can
> you open an account and bring up the reconcile window successfully?

The PR mentioned that buttons and menu items don't work when register
window opens.

I just noticed I couldn't enter a value (starting amount) in the wizard
for a new account. (Ignore that: later this worked when I chose
"bank account"). Buttons work fine.

I am getting errors like:

** WARNING **: could not find signal handler
'gnc_register_date_toggle_cb'.

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_handler_block_by_data(): could not find handler
containing data (0x8669D00)

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_handler_unblock_by_data(): could not find
blocked handler containing data (0x8669D00)

After I added a few items to the Register. I am able to use the
"Reconsile" feature. I am able to click buttons and different funds and it
appears to work.

Hmmm.. I just click "New" and it crashed:

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (6568)

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GtkObject'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1070 (gtk_object_get_data_by_id):
assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (6569)

I Gnome pop-up says:
Application "Image" (process 7108) has crashed dur to fatal error.
(Segmentation fault)

So I started it again.

After a few minutes I received another Gnome application crash.

I don't know why. The only thing different is that I never used this
install on my workstation before. We had always ran it on this
workstation but used it over the network via VNC on another workstation.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/