Subject: Re: libiconv package broken?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?C=E9sar=20Catri=E1n?= <cesar_catrian@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/2003 07:47:58
 --- Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org> escribió: > On
Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 12:11:50AM -0500, César
> Catrián wrote:
> > I need help with this:
> >
> > % echo ñ | iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8
> >
> > I reinstalled libiconv but I have the same
> problem.
>
> Could you please explain what the problem is?
> I don't know what output you expect.
>  Thomas

> I'm sorry, but I fail to see how what really looks
> like the
> correct answer can be a problem.
>
> Quentin Garnier.

Sorry! I didn't express myself correctly.
My primary language is spanish. I need the letters
aeiou with accent and the letter n with a tilde.
My LC_ALL is set to es_ES.ISO8859-1

Now, I can't do the conversion to UTF-8 in right way.

% echo ñ (n with tilde) | iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8
 ñ (A with a tilde and the sign + over a -)

It fails doing the conversion.
I discovered this problem using centericq. I can write
those letters ok, but when I send them, they arrive
wrong way.
I hope this can be useful.

thanks

César