Subject: Re: Serious Arts problems
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/2003 13:44:26
	From:  Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
	Date:  Wed, 9 Jul 2003 01:15:14 +0100

> > I'm running 1.6.1 and I'm still experiencing this problem.  I've been busy
> > and esd+xmms has been "working".  Anyways, I talked to Mark Davies and he
> > said that my problem with noatun seems widespread (only plays ~1 second of
> > .mp3|.ogg) and my artsdsp problems are expected.

Actually thats not quite what I said.  After a query from Nate I confirmed
that noatun wasn't playing mp3's for me any more with pth (and on current but
Nick's patches should have fixed that) but other arts based apps were working.
As to artsdsp, I'd never looked at it as I had just assumed it was going to be
very linux specific and that anyway a KDE/arts developer in response to a KDE
bug report of Nate's had said that artsdsp was just "buggy".

> I think that packages such as mplayer and xmms have had arts support explicity
> disabled by whoever pkg'ed them.

Yes there are about 4 or 5 open PR's on this that I've been meaning to do
something about.

cheers
mark