Subject: Re: x11/xplanet outdated
To: None <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2003 11:38:16
>>> are there any objections in updating xplanet to version 1.0.1?
>>I need this version due to dependencies of other packages that I'm currently
>>porting to NetBSD. Nobody objecting, I will submit it to the end of this

just curious...what packages are you putting together that depend on
xplanet?  i have a relatively stagnant "xscreensaver-modules" package
(that i never finished off) that pulls in a few thigns that can be
used by xscreensaver.

>gimme a chance to check it out and see if it dies worse that the 0.94
>release did over 0.93.  if it does, i'll formally object, but we can
>probably go ahead anyway, because the HOMEPAGE makes it sound like
>it's totally new.  and i dig the new screenshots.

totally new and totally different.  i see the author pulled in most of
the patches i sent him, but not all of them, so we'll have to make a
few more patches to get that back to "normal".  that said, this one's
totally different, which i might end up liking, but for now it's not a
two minute job to get my old way of using xplanet working in the new

and xplanetbg is gone.  might we want a small sh script in files that
could emulate that?