Subject: Re: libGlade2 Build Failure
To: J. Alexander Jacocks <>
From: J. Alexander Jacocks <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2003 13:26:02
J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> With the greatly appreciated help of several members of this list,
> I have managed to get pkgsrc setup.
> However, I am running in to a strange problem building libglade2.  The
> build just dies before running configure.  The help of anyone who can
> understand what it is doing when it dies would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!

OK, I've figured out part of this.  It looks to be a problem with Python
2.2's expat module:

root@hephaestos[/usr/pkgsrc/devel/libglade2]# python
Python 2.2.3 (#1, Jul  1 2003, 18:28:07)
[GCC 3.3] on sunos5
 >>> import xml.parsers.expat
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.2/xml/parsers/", line 7, in ?
     from pyexpat import *
ImportError: No module named pyexpat

I'm currently rebuilding python, and will monitor it closely.  Expat
seems to be OK:

jaj@hephaestos[~]$ pkg_info -L expat
Information for expat-1.95.6nb1: