Subject: new won't cooperate with lang/gcc/
To: None <>
From: Klaus Heinz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/28/2003 22:01:48

unless I am missing something here, I wonder how
mk/ can work together with lang/gcc/

The former defines GCC_BUILDLINK2_MK and includes the appropriate for the requested version of gcc, lang/gcc/
in my case.

But here is the same test for GCC_BUILDLINK2_MK again and this time
its result is true (see above) and thus the compiler from the
base system is used instead of gcc 2.95.3.

I would suggest to either remove the test for GCC_BUILDLINK2_MK in
mk/ completely, as the included files have their own
tests to prevent multiple inclusion. Or we should use a different
macro name for this.