Subject: Re: What does libgcc_eh.a do? Was,
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/26/2003 12:33:15
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: Hey, while you're doing that, can anyone explain to me what
: libgcc_eh.a is for?

"eh" - sounds like exception handling (C++/Java support) to me.

: (libgcc_a, too, if you're feeling especially
: charitable -- I see where that it contains the -soft-float routines,
: but why do things linked without -soft-float need that?)

As with libgcc_eh above, the link-time command does not actually pay
attention to things like -soft-float -- it pulls in all the libgcc libraries
just in case some random .o that was compiled in a foreign directory needed
it.  Code that doesn't need it, of course, will safely ignore the extras.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>