Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: adam morley <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2003 21:28:52

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:20:46PM -0700, adam morley wrote:
> >=20
> > could you test this simple Makefile somewhere outside pkgsrc?
> >=20
> >   all:
> >   	@echo ${MACHINE_ARCH}
> $ /usr/pkg/bin/bmake
> $

well, this seems like a bug in bmake after all.. (i cc:'ed sjg, the
bmake maintainer).

> > which compiler did you use to compile bootstrap-pkgsrc and what precise=
> > do you have, btw?
> $ uname -a
> SunOS mahler 5.8 Generic_108528-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R
> I used gcc-3.2.3 from  I have a feeling I should
> simply use the one from, but
> I don't have an MD5/SHA1 of that, so I can't use it, grrr!

so just ask

> That said, would the NPC project
> ( be a better bet than the
> binary kit from the NetBSD website?

i can't comment on that since i haven't used it.  solarpack enhancement
are going to be merged with pkgsrc soon most likely, though.  i have
good experience with using the pre-built binary kits from NetBSD.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>                   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (NetBSD)