Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2003 11:29:42
Hi,

[snip]
> tracking down:
>
> - it's from ${CONFIGURE_ARGS} in do-configure, bsd.pkg.mk
>   CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --host=${MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM}

I found that earlier, but didn't get how it was used.  Good to know I at least found what was relevant.

> - MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM is set in bsd.prefs.mk
>   MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM?= ${LOWER_ARCH}-${LOWER_VENDOR}-${LOWER_OPSYS}${APPEND_ELF}

Okay, that makes sense.

>   LOWER_ARCH is what we are after.

and should be sparc.

>   we are running on Solaris:
>
>   .elif ${OPSYS} == "SunOS"
>   .    if !defined(LOWER_ARCH)
>   LOWER_ARCH!=            ${UNAME} -p
>   .    endif      # !defined(LOWER_ARCH)
>
>   so it should be "sparc"..

Okay.

> please try in devel/libtool-base:
>
>   bmake show-var VARNAME=LOWER_ARCH

returns nothing (blank line)

> and
>
>   bmake -d v show-var VARNAME=LOWER_ARCH
>
> you don't need to post full output of the latter, just the relevant
> parts (and url to whole, if you want).

Only time sparc shows up in the run of bmake (where it finds the global defs from the bsd.prefs.mk file):

Global:GNU_ARCH.sparc = sparc
Global:GNU_ARCH.sparc64 = sparc64
Global:GNU_ARCH.vax = vax
Global:MACHINE_GNU_ARCH = ${GNU_ARCH.${MACHINE_ARCH}}
Global:LOWER_VENDOR = sun
Global:LOWER_OPSYS = solaris
Applying :M to "SunOS"
Result is ""
Applying :O to " VARNAME"
Result is "VARNAME"
Applying :u to "VARNAME"
Result is "VARNAME"
Applying :@ to "VARNAME"
Command:v = VARNAME
Applying :Q to "LOWER_ARCH"
Result is "LOWER_ARCH"
Result is "VARNAME=LOWER_ARCH"
Global:.INCLUDES =
Global:.LIBS =
show-var:@ = show-var
show-var:@ = show-var
show-var:* = show-var
show-var:? =
show-var:> =
Applying :Q to ""
Result is ""

whole run is at http://adam.gmi.com/bmake.showvar.txt

I'm stumped.  Near as I can tell that should just work, but nope.  Thanks in advance.

--
adam