Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/2003 16:45:53
[snip]
> > Stop.
> > bmake: stopped in /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc
> >

> > Is there any way to set the machine variable manually so I can compile
> > netbsd's version of gcc and hopefully eliminate this problem of not
> > knowing what the host type is?  I went through the bsd.* in pkgsrc/mk,
> > but didn't see anything.
>
> i doubt that will give you anything.  you will have another breakage
> later because it won't fix the problem only one symptome.
>
> i am using pkgsrc on Solaris regularly and i've never faced this issue.
> there seems to be something different in your environment which is
> causing this lossage and which needs to be fixed.
>
> if you go into ${WRKSRC} and manually exec 'ksh config.guess' what does
> it print?

checking for executable suffix... no
./configure: test: unknown operator invalid
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/libtool-base
*** Error code 1

# ksh config.guess
sparc-sun-solaris2.8

# alias
autoload='typeset -fu'
cat=/usr/bin/cat
chmod=/usr/bin/chmod
command='command '
cp=/usr/bin/cp
functions='typeset -f'
grep=/usr/bin/grep
history='fc -l'
integer='typeset -i'
local=typeset
ls=/usr/bin/ls
make=/usr/ccs/bin/make
nohup='nohup '
r='fc -e -'
rm=/usr/bin/rm
stop='kill -STOP'
suspend='kill -STOP $$'
vi=/usr/bin/vi

# env
_=/usr/bin/env
MANPATH=/usr/man:
HZ=
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/local/bin
LOGNAME=root
SHELL=/sbin/sh
HOME=/
TERM=vt100
PWD=/usr/pkgsrc/devel/libtool-base/work/libtool-ml
TZ=US/Pacific

--
adam