Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/2003 20:24:07
--9axOBMfiLLqytT81

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 11:08:06AM -0700, adam morley wrote:
>=20
> building gcc:
>=20
> # bmake
> =3D=3D=3D> Checking for vulnerabilities in gcc-2.95.3nb2
> =3D=3D=3D> Configuring for gcc-2.95.3nb2
> /usr/bin/mkdir -p /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc/work/objdir
> cd /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc/work/gcc-2.95.3 && contrib/egcs_update =
--touch
> Touching gcc/cstamp-h.in...
> Touching gcc/config.in...
> Invalid configuration `-sun-solaris': machine `-sun' not recognized
> Invalid configuration `-sun-solaris': machine `-sun' not recognized
> Unrecognized host system name -sun-solaris.
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop.
> bmake: stopped in /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop.
> bmake: stopped in /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc
>=20

> Is there any way to set the machine variable manually so I can compile
> netbsd's version of gcc and hopefully eliminate this problem of not
> knowing what the host type is?  I went through the bsd.* in pkgsrc/mk,
> but didn't see anything.

i doubt that will give you anything.  you will have another breakage
later because it won't fix the problem only one symptome.

i am using pkgsrc on Solaris regularly and i've never faced this issue.
there seems to be something different in your environment which is
causing this lossage and which needs to be fixed.

if you go into ${WRKSRC} and manually exec 'ksh config.guess' what does
it print?

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --