Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/2003 11:08:06
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 08:01:50PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> hi,

Hi.

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 10:46:57AM -0700, adam morley wrote:
> >
> > this problem imho is a problem with solaris's test, at least that's my
> > guess.  the other one is probably because i need to go build netbsd's
> > gcc so all the variables are set right so it can be parsed. . .
>
> so you seem to have the same problem as J. Alexander Jacocks has, test
> from /usr/ucb is in your path earlier than the one from /usr/bin.
> remove /usr/ucb completely from your PATH, you will run into other
> problems with it sooner or later..

Nope:

# env|grep ^PATH
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/export/pkgsrc/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

building gcc:

# bmake
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in gcc-2.95.3nb2
===> Configuring for gcc-2.95.3nb2
/usr/bin/mkdir -p /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc/work/objdir
cd /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc/work/gcc-2.95.3 && contrib/egcs_update --touch
Touching gcc/cstamp-h.in...
Touching gcc/config.in...
Invalid configuration `-sun-solaris': machine `-sun' not recognized
Invalid configuration `-sun-solaris': machine `-sun' not recognized
Unrecognized host system name -sun-solaris.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/lang/gcc

(did gmake manually through ./configure <necessary options> and then touched .configure_done, because that same error was popping up)

Is there any way to set the machine variable manually so I can compile netbsd's version of gcc and hopefully eliminate this problem of not knowing what the host type is?  I went through the bsd.* in pkgsrc/mk, but didn't see anything.

--
adam