Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/2003 10:46:57
[snip]

> > I'm currently filing a pr, but I can't help but think I'm missing another
> > obvious something, since this is my first time with pkgsrc.
> >

> > [snip]
>
> FWIW, I'm having the same problem.  I'm running Solaris 9 04/03 with SMC's
> package of gcc-3.2.3.  I'm attempting to build gcc, as is recommended by the
> Solaris readme.

I'm thinking I'm going to build gcc from netbsd's ports tree.

[snip]
> checking for mawk... /usr/bin/nawk
> checking for Cygwin environment... no
> checking for mingw32 environment... no
> checking for ld option to reload object files... -r
> checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
> checking for object suffix... o
> checking for executable suffix... no
> ./configure: test: unknown operator invalid
> *** Error code 1
> <snip>

cd work/libtool-lm && ./configure <prefix> <that other flag, something about enable ltdl-lib-install> && cd .. && touch .configure_done && cd .. && bmake

it will fail again on the shlibtool, so do the above again, but add the two extra flasg to configure, and it'll compile.

this problem imho is a problem with solaris's test, at least that's my guess.  the other one is probably because i need to go build netbsd's gcc so all the variables are set right so it can be parsed. . .

that's just my guess, I'll update once I build gcc from pkgsrc.

--
adam